Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Let them be little...

The title of my blog comes from a song I heard once called, "Let Them Be Little." It really sums up my feelings as a mom of young children. In this age of technology and fast-paced living, I want to give my kids the gift of true childhood. Too often we are rushing around trying to get to preschool or the next playdate on time, followed by the rush at the end of the day for dinner, baths, and bedtime. I'm determined that Jake and Natalie will have the chance to savor the innocence of being young. Because they really do grow up SO fast.

"Let them be little, 'cause they're only that way for awhile
Give them hoppe, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little."

No comments: