Jake and Natalie are fascinated when I pull out my camera. (For the record, this would be a disposable Kodak One-Time Use camera - we really need to upgrade, don't you think?) The other day Jake wanted to take my picture so I handed him the camera and this is what transpired.

So this is what Jake sees when he looks at his mommy! Glad I was smiling. Unfortunately, there are probably many moments when I'm not. Lately I've been feeling irritable and impatient towards the kids, especially around dinner/bathtime. I hate feeling this way. I hope this picture will serve as a reminder to me to be the happy, positive mommy Jake and Natalie need.
Oh, and tonight during one of my grumpy mommy moments, Jake leaned over and gave me a great big kiss. His timing was impeccable; I was getting ready to gripe at him (for the 3rd time)for not getting in the tub quickly enough. Just another way that my 4 year old child keeps teaching me the concept of grace. Thanks, sweetie.
No comments:
Post a Comment