Sunday, October 26, 2008

True Beauty

Yesterday Natalie and I were drawing pictures at the kitchen table. She drew several large circles and exclaimed, "oh these are boo-i-ful!" I chuckled and said, "Yes they are Nat! And so are you!" She looked at me quizzically for a moment and replied, "No, no, I not booiful, deeze (gesturing towards the circles) are booiful." Then I said, "Natalie, is mommy beautiful?"

"NO!" she said a little too emphatically for my taste. "Mommy not booiful."

Darn. Where's the love? Oh well, you gotta appreciate kids and their honesty.


About 2 hours later I was buckling her into her car seat and out of the blue she said, "Mommy, I BOOIFUL!" My precious little girl, I couldn't agree more.


But I won't press my luck and ask what she thinks of her mommy...:)









































2 comments:

WENDY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WENDY said...

Oh my gosh, this is so funny. Isn't it horrible when kids are so blunt, but they're too young to know it's not nice? Carter was yelling at Andrew on the drive home last night (Daddy, you're naughty, you're being naughty) all because the traffic was horrible and Carter could sense I was getting a little upset with Andrew's driving (surprise, surprise). Anyway, I'm not just saying this because we're friends, but I think you're boo-i-ful!