Thursday, October 2, 2008

Preschool Porn?

Thanks to DVR technology, the kids often ask me to rewind certain moments of their favorite shows so they can watch them again. Since they watch programs such as Dora, Thomas and Friends, Little Einsteins, and Max and Ruby, imagine my surprise the other day when Jake calls out to me, "Mommy, I want to watch the porn again."

I turn around, certain I didn't hear him correctly. "What, Jakey?"

"The porn," he says calmly, pointing to the television where Dora and Diego were playing in a forest.

"What the heck is their twisted relationship anyway? Aren't they cousins? " I think to myself. It took me a few seconds of studying the program before I made the connection that Diego was SOARING through the trees on a PULLEY; therefore Jake's little ears had combined the words to come up with "porn."

"Oh!"I exclaimed, very relieved. "You want to watch Diego soar on the pulley again."

"Yes," smiled Jake. "The porn."




I will truly miss the day when that word is no longer innocent for him.

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

What a fantastic job you're doing telling these precious stories. I know that the kids will cherish them someday, and I'm sure that you already do!

Kristen said...

Ooh,my first comment! Thanks Aunt Heather:)